As Above, So Below
Hosted by: The Fool Collective via The Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
The Fool Collective, a collective of third year KABK Photography students, invites you to their four-day long exhibition ‘As Above, So Below’. Come by for art and cultural activities, including lectures, performances, student screenings, sound performances and a party.
As the third year KABK photography students begin to refine their practices, old links gradually fade away while making space for new connections. They have constructed a network of interconnected but individual works, where materiality fluctuates between the fragile and the strong. The Fool Collective thus invites their audience to shape their own interrelations and set up new routes of understanding.
In addition to the exhibition, which can be visited throughout, there is a well-packed program to attend.
- 18.00: Opening
- 19.30–00.00: Fresh haircuts by Andrea Bonderup
- 1700–18.30: Student films screening
- 18.30–21.00: lecture and sound performances
- 21.00–02.00: Basement party
- 12.00: Exchange StandsOase Spinozahof (Max. 10 participants)
Come together to experience how soil brings a community together.
- 15.00–17.00: Merch Printing workshop, silkscreen
Bring any pieces of clothing (T-Shirt, tote bag, pants…) and get the students’ design printed on it.
Roundtable; panel talks are hosted live at The Grey Space and broadcasted through Mushroom Radio, moderated by Ola Lanko.
- 11.00–12.00 As Above, So Below: Finding contrasts and connections between the works
- 12.00–12.10 Reading Session I
- 12.10–13.10 (Re)contextualizing Photography
- 13.10–13.20 Reading Session II
- 14.20–14.30 Reading Session III
- 14.30–15.30 Artist Talks
Exhibition opening times
- 19/01: 18.00–00.00
- 20/01: 17.00–02.00
- 21/01: 12.00–23.00
- 22/01: 11.00–18.00
On the Friday night of the exhibition, The Fool Collective invites you to a party in our basement. For more information, click on the button below.