Please note: this text is subject to change, refinement and expansion in the future. Last updated: 11-10-2021.
We have established a code of conduct which applies to all visitors and people working with or for The Grey Space. This includes staff members (including interns and volunteers), advisory board, presented artists, artists in residence, partners, sponsors, online and offline participants of our activities.
The Grey Space is a space that aims to be inclusive and accessible. The Grey Space is welcoming and hospitable to all and we would like everyone that visits, presents work or works at The Grey Space to feel at home, safe and free to be whoever they are. We strive to create an intentional space everyone can enjoy without experiencing harassment or feeling unsafe. We do our best to nurture a respectful and convivial work environment. We expect cooperation and an open-minded attitude from all those involved to help ensure a safer space for everybody.
- Treat each other with respect.
- Discrimination is not tolerated. Discrimination is defined as ridiculing, name-calling, inciting or victimising someone based on background, religion, sex, age, behaviour, appearance, attire or sexual orientation.
- Intimidation, harrassment or bullying is not allowed. This includes verbal and/or physical intimidation, harrassment or bullying.
- Sexual intimidation is not allowed. Sexual intimidation is defined as making sexual allusions or pushing for physical contact.
- Physical violence or attempted physical violence is not allowed. Illegal weapons and hazardous objects are not allowed into The Grey Space and will be confiscated by security.
- Damaging any of The Grey Space’s property or that of its employees or its visitors is not allowed.
- Theft is not allowed.
- Visitors under the influence of – or in possession of drugs – may be refused entry.
- Alcohol and soft drugs are allowed as long as it doesn’t cause any nuisance. Alcohol is not sold to anyone under 18 years. Bringing your own alcohol is not allowed.
- An age limit is attached to some of our public programs.
- For club nights the minimum age is 18 years; identification can be requested by our security staff.
- When the Code of Conduct is not followed visitors will be asked to stop with certain behaviour and should comply immediately. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a staff member immediately. If someone engages in behaviour that is not allowed, the staff may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or removal from The Grey Space. If a staff member engages in behaviour that is not allowed, please contact another member of the staff. They will take the appropriate action.
More information about The Grey Space can be found by clicking the buttons below.