Are you interested in connecting with new people, while gaining hands-on experience in arts, music, and events? Would you like to gain free access to our programs and club nights? Join The Grey Space as a volunteer!
As The Grey Space is growing and we aim to offer all visitors and artists a welcoming experience, we’re calling on you to become part of The Grey Space.
Being a volunteer at The Grey Space means you will get to meet new people, gain experience and develop new skills in the arts, music and events field, receive a volunteer allowance and get exclusive perks such as free access to our events. We’re seeking enthusiastic individuals to fill various roles, including program hosts, ticket desk crew, wardrobe attendants, support technicians, and build-up and breakdown crew members.
The Ticketing Team will be scanning and selling tickets during our events at the door. Other responsibilities will include coordinating guest numbers with the host and floor manager.
The welcoming face during our events will be our Host/Supporter. You will inform guests on the program taking place, our house rules and expectations. You will also assist in tracking guest numbers in the venue, as well as helping the start up and close down of exhibitions.
Our Wardrobe Team makes sure all guests’ coats are safely stored during an event, and returned to their respective owners at the end.
Runners will be a vital part of our Dinner Sessions, assisting with serving guests, making sure the venue is presentable, and clearing up at the end.
The Construction Team is there to provide assistance with the set up, operation and takedown of exhibitions and other program components.
Our Assistant Technicians will work alongside Grey Space technicians and fill in where needed. Responsibilities will include setting up and taking down exhibitions, sound and lighting preparations, and other similar tasks.
- You are enthusiastic and curiosity driven.
- You enjoy social environments and interacting with guests.
- You have an affinity with or interest in cultural spaces, contemporary art and design, experimental music, and club culture.
- You have strong communication skills and you work well in a team.
- You are hands-on, proactive, and solution-oriented.
- You have a good command of the English language both in speech and in writing.
- Command of the Dutch language is a plus.
- You preferably live in the The Hague region.
Volunteers must conform to our rules of conduct to ensure a safe space for all visitors and employees.
- All candidates are financially compensated with a volunteer fee.
- You will have first hand experience in the management of an events and culture space.
- Volunteers will become part of a well connected network and experience dynamic arts and culture programs.
- Volunteers will gain exclusive access to Grey Space club nights and events. We are currently in the process of creating a rewards system for this.
- The volunteer fee provided by The Grey Space is in line with the legal expectations in The Netherlands. For more information on the rules and regulations you may click here.
- It is the responsibility of candidates to familiarize themselves with the house rules of The Grey Space and make sure that they abide by them.
If you have any questions, contact akif[@]thegreyspace.net