The Grey Space in the Middle is looking for a Program & Production Intern for 2.5 days a week for a period of 5 months starting mid-March. Closing date: 16th of February.
The Grey Space offers an internship in which you will come in contact with the many facets of a cultural institution. As a Program & Production Intern you will support both content and production of The Grey Space’s own programs.
As a Program & Production Intern, you will be supervised/guided by the Artistic Director. Additionally, you will work closely with the rest of the team and be in direct contact with partners, artists and performers. Based on your competencies and learning goals, we will develop a learning plan in which there is room for you to work independently. In order to feel completely at home at The Grey Space, it is important that you are interested in digital culture, contemporary art and design, experimental and electronic music, and club culture.
The tasks within this internship are divided between the four different program formats that The Grey Space produces. A primary focus of this internship is on assisting with the long-term residency program Open Space. Open Space is a residency program that takes place twice a year, and is open to the public as an ongoing exhibition. Over a three-month long period, The Grey Space provides a maker the space, resources, tools and our network, and organizes public events involving local (presentation) partners.
- You support the Artistic Director by attending meetings with creator(s), designers and partners and are responsible for taking minutes and keeping action lists.
- You draft texts for marketing and communication.
- You are involved in the substantive realization of public events.
- You are partly responsible for the communication with guests and partners for the public events.
- You maintain a growing online archive in which the process of the residency is disclosed, and are responsible for the editing.
- You are responsible for the visual continuity of the residency with an eye on audience experience on the floor.
Duties for the music program Sonic Thresholds, the artistic dinners Food for Thought and the monthly Filling the Void program will vary depending on the type of event, but will definitely involve practical production support on the floor on the day of the events.
- You are enthusiastic and curiosity driven.
- You have an affinity with or interest in digital culture, contemporary art and design, experimental and electronic music, and club culture.
- You have strong communication skills and you work well in a team.
- You are hands-on, proactive, and solution-oriented.
- You have a sense of process, work in a careful and structured way and can set priorities.
- You are able to work well independently.
- You have a good command of the English language both in speech and in writing.
- Command of the Dutch language (at least reading and understanding) is a plus.
- You preferably live in the The Hague region.
Applicants must conform to our rules of conduct to ensure a safe space for all visitors and employees.
Please keep in mind that for this internship we are looking for someone who, in addition to office days, regularly works during events at The Grey Space. Note that these events often take place on weekends and in the evenings.
- A challenging position in a fast growing organization amidst a nice team.
- Professional guidance including frequent consultations and (interim) evaluations.
- An internship compensation (in accordance with the scope of the internship).
- Relevant work experience and the opportunity to build a network.
- An inspiring and informal working environment in the center of The Hague.
- The freedom to propose, experiment and implement your own ideas.
- Free access to events (with exceptions).
Note: although this job posting is in English – as a basic understanding of Dutch is necessary for this internship – you may respond in English if that’s more comfortable for you.