Dinner Session: Lucille Standaar
Acting as an alternative to the common restaurant, The Grey Space presents a three course meal every Sunday. Creative dishes emerge from our kitchen-studio to the dining space. Guest chefs create inspiring menus, exclusively made for each event.
This week, Lucille Standaar comes back to The Grey Space’s kitchen for another generous Dinner Session. Get ready to indulge in a flavourful Italian menu, meticulously crafted to bring out the best in seasonal vegetables.
- Starter: eggplant melanzane
- Main: risotto with asparagus and purslane
- Dessert: vegan chocolate ice cream with coffee foam
- Doors open at 17.00, Dinner usually starts at 18.30. Upon reserving you will receive more information about the exact time that the first course is served.
- The courses are served to all guests at the same time, so please arrive on time to assure a full menu’s portion.
- Payment at the bar (pin only).
- Students get a 10% discount on drinks.
- Reservations go through the button above. If you have any trouble with booking a table through the form, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food and culture are intertwined, and the universal appeal of food serves as a common ground for diverse cultures. As a child, Lucille compared different preparations of Tarte Tatin. As she grew older, she understood that it’s much more than just a ‘tarte’. Lucille believes the current abundance of access to fruits, vegetables, herbs, meats and cheeses to be very exciting, as it brings opportunities to deep-dive into different cultures. She continues to chase and perfect new food preparation methods while also delving into the cultural context of the dishes she creates. Lucille seeks to let her guests experience something new, and encourages them to do the same with their own guests. Her recipes and culinary creations are available on her website, and she also offers her services as a home or catering chef.
The concept of our Dinners Sessions is inspired by Gordon Matta-Clarks’ artist-run restaurant FOOD, a project founded in New York in the 1970s. We encourage anyone with an interest in food and a talent for hosting to apply to our Dinner Session’s ongoing Open Call. Not as an exclusionary process; any person who believes they can fill around 30 stomachs, is welcome as chef for the night.
Click the button below to find more information and the application form.