Dinner Session: Gabriel + Jace
Acting as an alternative to the common restaurant, The Grey Space presents a three course meal every Sunday. Creative dishes emerge from our kitchen-studio to the dining space. Guest chefs create inspiring menus, exclusively made for each event.
Chef Gabriel returns to The Grey Space and bring their sibling Jace along to propose an intuitive and playfully crafted communal dinner. Expect fresh vegetables, bread centrism, experimental pairings, and dishes influenced by various geographic cuisines. Gabriel and Jace tastefully incorporate poetry with food, and play with typical constructions around dining experiences.
- Savory dishes: Chef’s take on fritto misto with guava sauce and salsa verde, beet flowers with chocolate, roasted vegetables on ricotta beds, celeriac steaks on herby pea purée, fresh breads, devilish eggs, maceration heavy salads and an array of sauces and spreads
- Dessert: Citrus cakes with creams
The meal are served in a communal-dining-feast style, without a division of courses
Vegan options are available
- Doors open at 17.00, Dinner usually starts at 18.30. Upon reserving you will receive more information about the exact time that the first course is served.
- The courses are served to all guests at the same time, so please arrive on time to assure a full menu’s portion.
- Payment at the bar (pin only).
- Students get a 10% discount on drinks.
- Reservations go through the button above. If you have any trouble with booking a table through the form, contact us via email@example.com.
Gabriel and Jace are siblings and friends. They have been cooking together and letting their relationship revolve around beautiful produce and shared meals since achieving sentience. Gabriel is a cook by trade and a fine arts student at KABK. Their practice is in romance with poetry, nebulous autobiography, and food. Jace is a very sleepy and ambiguously creative gallivanter with a lovely chiffonade. They both believe in hedonism and the importance of a runny egg.
The concept of our Dinners Sessions is inspired by Gordon Matta-Clarks’ artist-run restaurant FOOD, a project founded in New York in the 1970s. We encourage anyone with an interest in food and a talent for hosting to apply to our Dinner Session’s ongoing Open Call. Not as an exclusionary process; any person who believes they can fill around 30 stomachs, is welcome as chef for the night.
Click the button below to find more information and the application form.